As team author of CactusThemes – provider of 3 well-known Video Themes: VideoPro, TrueMag and NewsTube, we received numerous questions about what’s plugin to bulk import videos to the themes and its features. Today, we summarize both Pros & Cons of 2 popular plugins to this blog post with some reviews especially regards to videos import. Hopefully, it will help you make a good choice. Here we go!
This powerful plugin offers you the widest range of content sources to import data: Youtube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Facebook, Twitter, etc. In my opinion, the key feature of the plugin is it imports content by campaign. Let’s imagine, you have a plan to import YouTube videos, another for Facebook posts and pages and they both work automatically to fetch content into your site. That’s why the author calls it auto-pilot plugin
- Support to import data from 19 content-sharing networks
- Quick & easily manage your import plans via campaigns
- A lot of options to import video: by Channel, Playlist, single or multiple videos import by IDs.
- Can fetch many YouTube statistics: Views, Likes, Dislikes, Comments counts from
- Import YouTube tags, comments without add-on – really a plus point of the plugin
- Old-fashion plugin interface possibly makes you feel bored while using
- Document is just the explanation of the plugin options. There was lack of examples and demos.
- Some advanced options such as Add custom fields to the post requires some technical knowledge to handle
An effective import plugin at a reasonable price for all users and it’s strongly recommended for experienced WordPress users.
2. WordPress Video Robot plugin – 36$ (18$ on Sale)
- Rich sources of reference materials including document and video tutorials for beginners
- The plugin author even build demo for VideoPro, TrueMag, NewsTube themes with tutorials
- Modern & catchy plugin interface which options explanations & illustrations
- Once installed, the plugin auto fills the Youtube, Vimeo & Dailymotion API keys for users.
- Responsive support team for plugin fix bugs and usage
- You have to install theme-fix add on to make the plugin work with your theme.
- Plugin options and settings are scattered in various sections may confuse users at the beginning
- Work really slow compare to the other plugins. Technically, it adds many custom fields to the post data which reduce processing speed and also cause some compatible issues whenever theme is updated
- You have to buy premium add-ons for more functionalities. For example, it costs 19,9$ to get Comment Importer add on while WordPress automatic plugin supplies a built-in option to import comments from YouTube, Facebook, etc.
- Currently, the plugin doesn’t support to fetch data of likes, dislikes, comments count from YouTube but the author planned to make it work in the next release. (So I will delete this point afterward :D)
It’s now a recent trending plugin with friendly interface. Although we don’t appreciate the of the plugin stability at this time. The plugin developers are actively update to improve plugin functions.
- Fast and straight-forward to operate
- Support to import videos by ID, Channel, user uploads or playlists.
- Synchronize your YouTube channels with your WordPress site.
- You can select any number of videos from YouTube when doing bulk import
- Can be customized to fill any custom fields needed to display your videos
- Support only one video source: YouTube
- It seems to be a quite pricey plugin for import content
Set at a dear price, however, this plugin only helps you to import video from Youtube network. Probably, the advantages of the plugin are its speed & convenience and the ability of synchronize videos from your YouTube channel.
The bottom line
Within this blog post, maybe, we didn’t completely cover all the advantages and limitations of these plugins. By our hand-on experiences, we use WP Automatic for two main reasons: speed and performance. How about you? Have you found the one that suits you best? Please feel free to share your thought and ideas.