What is a video blog?
Video blog is becoming more and more popular on the internet. In fact, almost authors of video blogs are making a living through them. If you think about a video community or a business idea on video, you should create your own video blog immediately.
A video blog is a website includes a collection of videos with the intention of getting a response from viewers. Creating a video blog is the easiest way to share your own your ideas and expertise with the world.
How to create your own video blog?
Creating a video blog is easy once you dive in and give it a try. It can also be a lot of fun.
Follow the 5 easy steps below to create a video blog, CactusThemes believes you can have your blog ready to go in less than 30 minutes.
STEP 1: Identify the purpose/ reason of your video site.
Video blogs can be created for various personal and professional purposes.
- Video blog for news
- Video blog for business
- Video blog for music and idol singers
- Video blog for movies
STEP 2: Find a domain name and hosting
You need two things to get the site online:
- A domain name (the address people use to get to your site like name.com). Actually, you have to pay an annual fee to use that web address. If you stop paying, someone else can use the domain instead.
- Hosting (a service connects your site to the internet). If you have your own hosting, your website will load quickly and won’t go down for hours at a time. It’s convenient for everyone visit your website.
The thing that you should concentrate is choosing a perfect domaine name. It might be difficult, especially considering to choose domains which is short, easy to type and represents your brand.
Here are our recommendation for domains and hosting
- Namecheap: the website for domain registration. This website is amazing and has a great search feature which will suggest alternate domain names if the one you want is taken.
- Cloudways: the website for hosting that requires a bit of technical know about how to get your cloud server configured correctly.
- SiteGround: another website for hosting.
STEP 3: Install WordPress
Download wordpress here: DOWNLOAD
STEP 4: Choose a theme and customize
You can choose a free theme or premium theme depends on your purposes.
- If you started your video blog for a business purpose. You need it to grow your offline business, attract clients for your services or build a platform towards the launch of your book. A premium theme is the perfect choice. It’s so much more professional than a free theme that makes you come off as serious and credible. We highly recommend you to choose a premium theme in A collection of themed marketplaces of Envato.
- However, if you started your blog as an online diary to share your experiences as a hobby or a temporary project, you might need a free theme to save some money. There are thousands of free themes for you in the Themes Directory of WordPress.
The premium theme will go with online documentation and online support that help you very much on theme customization. Well not all helpful tutorials are videos after all. Besides, there are TONS of tips on the WP Explorer WordPress blog that are very helpful for you.
STEP 5: Post video and create a successful video blog
Prepare contents with some equipment: a camcorder and a computer with video editing software installed onto it. Popular video editing softwares are Final Cut Pro, iMovie, and Windows Movie Maker. For example:
- 11 awesome free stock images sites
- Bulk Videos import for video theme
- Add link to title of widget text, or any widgets
Post your videos. Now you can post your prepared videos to your video site. You can also improve the visibility of your videos by adding amazing titles, tags and description.
To have a successful video blog. You need to continuously create and update your content. In fact, videos about a topic you love, keeping an up to date video blog should be a joy and not a chore. The last but not least, to gain audiences for your video blog, you need to let the world know its exist! Through search engine optimization and blog aggregation sites, you can promotion your video site.